Online giving is one of the easiest ways for nonprofits to raise money. It reduces work for both donors and fundraisers, as well as avoids all the paper and postage necessary for paper checks! Optimizing your online giving experience can have a huge impact in your fundraising numbers. Read on for 5 super-simple tips to make your online donation page effective and easy to use.
1. Make sure your donation button is front and center on your homepage - differentiate it from the rest of your page with a bright color.
2. Reduce the number of clicks it takes to donate. One click is all you need.
3. Use a pop-up light box to draw attention to your giving campaign, but make sure to set it up so it only appears once per day per visitor. You don't want to annoy your donors!
4. Optimize your site and donation page for mobile - 67% of people read their email on their phone!
5. Use pre-filled donation amounts so donors can click-and-go.